The NWLA Makerspace group has been utilizing spaces around the ArkLaTex since opening, offering classes and meet ups to keep local innovators, artists, and makers engaged in the community.
NWLA Makerspace, and the workshops we provide to the community are a huge asset in building innovation culture and in providing job training for adults, and Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math engagement at events for all ages.
- A permanent space in Shreveport-Bossier will boost innovation in our area in a number of ways:
- It will provide everyone with access to the tools that have often been access-limited to professionals or large university students.
- It will strengthen local services available to entrepreneurs by increasing opportunities for low-cost product development, rapid prototyping, and even small-scale production.
- It will increase the community’s opportunity to work with and develop an understanding of advanced technologies, a great advantage in both cultural and workforce development.
- It will help train educators and develop school programs to give more students across Northwest Louisiana access to advanced STEAM skills development.
- It will utilize strong partners like Cohab to provide business and economic development resources and training to makers in our community.
The space is lead by a strong team of artists, engineers, and technologists who are ready to bring their innovative ideas to our community. In 2018 our goals are to serve individuals from grade school age through retirement with the introduction of this space and the classes and services that we make possible.